Tool of the Day

Picking someone absurd out of Canadian politics every day. Well, not always Canadian politics, but usually. And not every day. Probably not even every weekday. I don't have that much spare time. Maybe a couple of times per week. And I'm taking a Christmas vacation. But I couldn't very well call it Tool of the Whenever-I-Get-Around-To-It now could I? I will add new Tools as frequently as I can find the time and welcome nominations. Exposing Tools since 26 November 2004.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Look, Mommy. I Can See Her Boobies!

Stepping away from the world of Canadian politics for today, I’m selecting everyone in the U.S. who complained to the FCC about the nudity contained in Athens Olympics opening ceremonies. Why this is only coming to light now, I don’t know, but it’s still freaking ridiculous.

Aside from the incredible contribution Ancient Greece made to Western culture (and what’s wrong with celebrating that?); aside from the point that one of the reasons much of the world is pissed of at the United States is the constant attempts to ram American values and culture down the throats of everyone else on the planet; aside from the “fact” that supposedly 3.9 billion people watched the opening ceremonies for the Athens Olympics, who gives a rat’s ass what a handful of prudish Tools thinks who can’t see beyond what their own heavily-edited bibles tell them? So there was a little bit of nudity involved in the olympics. So what? The ancient Greeks actually competed in the nude. If it bothers you so much, don’t watch. You’re free to be offended, but you’ve got no business telling me, or the rest of the world, or even the rest of your own company, that we should be, too.

Turn off the television, you Tools, there’s a whole universe out there that you don’t want to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home